Client Eligibility / Readiness: New Beginnings welcomes individuals who are committed to overcoming substance abuse and are motivated to create positive change in their lives. Participants should have a sincere desire to achieve and maintain sobriety, engage in self-reflection, and actively participate in group activities and discussions. While no specific length of sobriety is required, a readiness to explore personal triggers, challenges, and goals is essential.
Duration: New Beginnings is a 12-week program that meets once a week. The group duration allows for a structured and supportive environment, enabling participants to build strong connections, develop new skills, and foster lasting change. Consistent attendance throughout the program is strongly encouraged to maximize the benefits of group therapy.
• Group sessions will be conducted in a private and comfortable setting, allowing for open and honest discussions.
• The group size is limited to 15 participants to ensure a safe and intimate atmosphere conducive to personal growth.
• The group is inclusive of individuals of all genders and welcomes individuals between the ages of 18 and 75.
• We will integrate various therapeutic approaches, including group discussions, skill-building exercises, and creative expressions, to facilitate healing and recovery.
• Outside of group sessions, individual check-ins and support are available to address specific concerns or challenges.
About Your Group Facilitator:
Hello, I'm Mike Kogan, your group facilitator. I specialize in substance abuse counseling and addiction recovery. I hold a Master's Degree in Counseling Psychology and have 5 years of experience working with individuals dealing with substance abuse issues. My therapeutic approach combines evidence-based modalities, such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing, with a compassionate and non-judgmental stance. I am dedicated to providing a safe and supportive space where individuals can heal, grow, and reclaim their lives.
As an ethical service provider, I adhere to strict professional standards to ensure the well-being and confidentiality of all participants. I am committed to creating a confidential and non-discriminatory environment where everyone feels respected and heard. Your privacy is of utmost importance, and all personal information shared within the group remains strictly confidential. I continuously engage in professional development and supervision to stay current with the latest research and best practices in substance abuse counseling.
If you're ready to embark on a transformative journey towards overcoming substance abuse and creating a life of recovery, we invite you to join New Beginnings.
To learn more about the program, reserve your spot, request the screening tool, or seek additional information, please fill out the contact form below or reach out to us directly. Together, let's embrace the power of support, understanding, and personal growth on the path to a brighter future.
To ensure the best fit and effectiveness of the group, we will be utilizing one or more client screening tools that help determine an individual's readiness to participate in group counseling. These screening tools are designed to assess various factors that may impact the group experience.
• The screening tools consist of a series of questions related to your personal history, current circumstances, and readiness for group therapy. The purpose of these tools is to gather information that will guide us in tailoring the group experience to meet your specific needs and ensure a supportive and productive environment for all participants.
• Upon expressing your interest in joining the group, we will provide you with the screening tool and guide you through the process. The completed screening tool will be reviewed by the therapist, and a consultation will be scheduled to discuss the results and address any concerns or questions you may have. Please note that the screening tool results will be kept strictly confidential.
You can preview the suggested Screening Tools by clicking on the following links: